Do you love being outdoors in the summer? Do you love sharing your outdoor experiences with others? Have you got a sense of humor, love to play, and have a great imagination? Are you good with kids? Then you might want to consider joining the Rogers Center Team this summer as a Summer Intern & Camp Staff!
This nine week internship provides a variety of opportunities for qualified candidates to work with the Friends of Rogers (FOR) team in the Summer Adventure Camp program to support the effective delivery of educational lessons and activities. Reporting to the Senior Environmental Educator, this is a non-exempt (hourly) position working 37.5 hours per week. The hourly base rate is $14.20 per hour.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Senior Environmental Educator, and FOR staff in supporting our mission to provide outstanding educational opportunities that excite, inspire, and motivate people of all ages to enjoy, understand, appreciate, and protect our natural environment.
- Teach environmental education lessons, lead trips, programs and assist as needed to fulfill the programmatic needs of the camp program.
- Support and assist other counselors in the development and completion of camp activities.
- Develop and implement education, recreation and work projects.
- Interact with the community through on-site engagement and local outreach.
- Greet and interact with visitors to the Center.
- Participate in instructor training events and activities.
- Assist with other projects, programs, and duties as needed.
Qualifications and Key Attributes:
- Enrolled in a degree program in natural resources, environmental studies, environmental education, STEM, or elementary-middle-secondary-special education with at least 30 semester hours of college credit.
- Demonstrated commitment and dedication to environmental education, passion for the outdoors, and excitement for outdoor recreation.
- Teaching experience or experience working with children.
- Excellent communication skills with an ease and enthusiasm for talking to individuals of all ages.
- Ability to always interact in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, indoors and outside under variable weather conditions.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 18 years of age or older.
To Apply: Send resume and letter of interest to Ellen Rathbone, Senior Educator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.